How cute and convenient is this idea! …And so easy to make! Mini, muffin-sized crustless quiches were a hit in my house. I served them for breakfast. I packed some for my brother-in-law’s eight hour plane flight. Put some in my kids lunch boxes and sent some with my husband for work. I also gave some to the family that I am a personal chef for. Everyone loved them.
I can’t take credit for the idea. I found it online from Cooking Light… but I did not follow the Cooking Light recipe of course since I don’t believe in cooking light. I believe in cooking delicious!
Here’s how you make these Mini Crustless Quiches:
• Scramble 8 eggs (cooking light suggested 5 eggs and 3 egg whites)
• Add heavy cream. I used half of an egg shell and filled it 8 times.
• Mix in Cheddar cheese or any cheese you like.
• Saute anything you want inside of them. I sauted onion, garlic and mushrooms then later added crisp bacon and freshly chopped chard.
• Pour egg mixture into a dozen count muffin tin.
• Add sauted veggies.
• Add freshly chopped chard.
• Top with crisp previously cooked bacon (or sausage)
• Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, until toothpick comes out clean.
• Cool slightly before eating.
Voila! Gourmet on the Go!
Your Sensible Girlfriend